Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sock, interrupted

Photobucket
Not only have I knit a pair of socks for myself (not shown here because they are too embarrassing to post), I took the leftover and turned it into a sock. And that little ball next to it? That's going to be the other one. And here's the amazing thing, I, your Resident Sock Hater, came up with that toe-up design based on some hidden mathematical genius that surfaced only for a few moments, allowing me to do make up my own baby sock. I am so impressed with myself, I could just knit. Each sock used 40 yards, so if you are ever in a stash-busting mood, these are the socks for you. In an ideal world, the sock itself would have been a little smaller and the cuff a little longer. But it's not bad for cutting out on my own, dontcha think? I know Elisa will be so proud. I used Vesper yarn, which I picked up when I bought some for the yarn swap with Elisa. If anyone wants the specifics I will be happy to post them for you.

Now I must go and NOT balance my checkbook.

4 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

It looks great Gina! I'm still amazed that you are actually knitting socks ;)

Dani said...

Woo-hoo! They look great. I 'd love the specifics on the pattern. I have several leftover balls needing a purpose.

Anonymous said...

*thud* Gina knit socks! I love the striping.

Steff said...

You really suck, Gina. :P lol

No- really- I tried for 4+ months to knit socks for DH, and I just gave up, when I discovered they were too big. sigh. Now they are balls again.

You didn't even want to knit socks! >:b

No seriously- I think it is fab and I am in awe of your talent. Glad you enjoyed it more than you thought! :)