Wednesday, February 27, 2008
1. I like to read mysteries.
2. I wish that I could sew. There are so many dresses and skirts that I'd love to make. I'm always buying patterns thinking I'll teach myself, but get very intimidated the moment I open the envelope.
3. I like watching zombie and vampire movies.
4. I like finding 4 leaf clovers, and I'm actually pretty good at it. I even have one that I found during our last trip to France.
5. I collect sheep, bees and teacups.
6. I love the smell of Lilly of the Valley. It makes me so happy when they start to grow right outside our front door.
7. I have never been to Disneyworld or Disneyland but really want to go!
Monday, February 25, 2008
2. I get paid to take other peoples' pictures, yet I have hardly any of my own kids (I am working on this!)
3. My Dad is married to my Moms half-sister making 3 of my brothers also my cousins. It really sounds worse than it is.
4. I am envious of people I see out running and dream of someday running a marathon, but think I'm really too lazy to make that happen.
5. I drove a stolen car from California to Minnesota when I was 17, without a drivers license. I didn't steal the car.
6. Most people think that my first child was an 'oops' because I was 19 and not yet married, but he was planned. My third was the 'oops'.
7. Because of #6, most of our friends said we'd be divorced within a couple years. We've been married for 11 years. :D
2. I usually have the anti second sock syndrome. First sock takes what feels like forever (forever meaning anything more than 4 days), second sock 3 days, if I love it, tops.
3. If I don't walk my dog at least once a day I am guilt ridden and feel like the dog cops should take her away from me.
4. I hate the color yellow.
5. I don't eat beef, but I love bacon.
6. My husband makes me popcorn almost every night, from scratch, no bag stuff here.
7. I love punk music.
I've been tagged for a meme by Marie Grace.
1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 Things about Me
1.) I was really excited to know that Marie Grace reads my blog. (blush)
2.) I am afraid of the dark and still sleep with a night light.
3.) I have been with my husband since I was 17.
4.) I have had mostly the same friends since I was 8 years old.
5.) I am a fast reader. I can read a book in a day if I am alone.
6.) I prefer fantasy, but will read anything except romance.
7.) I don't read as much as I used to since I became knit obsessed.
I am tagging:
Friday, February 22, 2008
Monday, February 4, 2008
1. I loved the yarn.
2. Pretty big needles
3. Top-down design (my favorite)
4. It's the 2-4 size
Instead, I finished it last night. 3 months later. Go figure.
I had a bit of a hard time with it. I'm not sure if the problem was with the pattern or with me. For some reason I could not visualize how to do the raglan increases and keep the ribbing in pattern. I must have ripped 4-5 times until I finally had to make an excel chart so that I could "see" it. I still am not sure how anyone did it intuitively, but again, I really think for some reason I just couldn't wrap my head around this one. In the end, I did figure it out, but forgot to keep up the seeded rib. By the time I realized it, I was more than halfway done. So I embraced the rib and went with rolled hems all around. Despite my problems with it, I'm very, very happy with the finished product.
Matthew loved it too.
Needles: U.S. Size 8
Yarn: Solana by Brooks Farm Yarn
Mods: Plain rib rather than seeded rib and rolled edges