Monday, February 4, 2008

All in good time

I've been working on Foothills by Elizabeth Morrison for Matty since before Thanksgiving. I figured it would be go pretty quickly, because:

1. I loved the yarn.
2. Pretty big needles
3. Top-down design (my favorite)
4. It's the 2-4 size

Instead, I finished it last night. 3 months later. Go figure.













I had a bit of a hard time with it. I'm not sure if the problem was with the pattern or with me. For some reason I could not visualize how to do the raglan increases and keep the ribbing in pattern. I must have ripped 4-5 times until I finally had to make an excel chart so that I could "see" it. I still am not sure how anyone did it intuitively, but again, I really think for some reason I just couldn't wrap my head around this one. In the end, I did figure it out, but forgot to keep up the seeded rib. By the time I realized it, I was more than halfway done. So I embraced the rib and went with rolled hems all around. Despite my problems with it, I'm very, very happy with the finished product.


































Matthew loved it too.

Pattern: Foothills
Needles: U.S. Size 8
Yarn: Solana by Brooks Farm Yarn
Mods: Plain rib rather than seeded rib and rolled edges

3 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I really like it Dani! It looks great!!

Chelle said...

Dani, the sweater is cool. And the model...what a cutey!

LeaAnna said...

It turned out great!