Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Not going to make it

I gave up on the Candleflame Scarf. It got to about a third as long as I wanted it and I realized that there was just no way it was going to happen. Fortunately, I had a fabulous backup gift in the works, so I let it go. It's current status is long term planning for the holidays. Now I'm (still) knitting like a fiend on the Tuscany Shawl. I'm afraid I lost far too much time. I need to do 3.5 more repeats or 56 more rows. It sounds totally do-able until I remember that it gets bigger every row. Plus, it will need to be blocked before it can be gifted. I'm not sure when I will see my sister for her birthday (which is Friday) because she works all weekend. If I don't see her until Monday, I'm golden. Otherwise, I think I'm boned.

1 comment:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Long term planning is always a good thing and yay for back-up gifts. Hopefully your sister will be busy until Monday so you'll be in the clear :)